2020 has been an unprecedented year of uncertainties, but your job search and interview skills shouldn’t be part of them. Struggling to find employment in today’s job market should not be an added stressor. Interview training can help provide you will the skills and confidence you need to stand out from other candidates and get yourself job-ready.
While many of us are in a similar position regarding job uncertainty during a global pandemic, those who have had their career prospects suddenly put on hold can be very different people in terms of skillsets or qualifications. Some individuals may be recent university graduates with no prior work experience, eager to get out into the job market. Other people could be re-entering the workforce after having put their professional life on the back burner to raise a family, which can seem like a daunting challenge. Others may be hopeful individuals looking for their next job. Job seekers are sending out over a dozen resumes, attending numerous interviews, and sending cold e-mails here and there without any luck. But landing your dream career is closer than you think; the interview and job search training you need is right at your fingertips. We want to help you master your interview and be job-ready.
One way to gain the skills you need to ace your interview is by having a concrete personal brand. Favourable interview skills are achievable if you are willing to put in the work and perfect your brand. Having an established personal brand can help you hone your interpersonal skills so that your interview approach aligns with your brand values.
Interview training is something we can help you with at Imagine Better Solutions with our career coaching. We are here to help you cultivate leadership skills and professionalism to guide your success in the job market.
Interested in learning more about our career coaching?
The Search for Work
There are different ways employers advertise the opening of new positions. Job offers can pop up in numerous ways as well. To find the best candidates for open positions, employers conduct job searches by phone, computer, e-mail, in person, and through social media platforms like LinkedIn. If an individual uses all these forms of communication during their job hunt, it will greatly facilitate employers’ access to them.
Some Helpful Tips for Your Job Search During COVID-19:
- Be aware of companies and businesses in your field that are hiring and prioritize these when you’re making a list of potential prospects.
- Make sure to review the job descriptions and occupational profiles thoroughly before advertising yourself as the best candidate—no need to start on the wrong foot.
- Make sure that your professional background and education fit adequately with potential jobs. This will help you determine what jobs you are qualified for, but it also helps employers find the right candidate for the position.
- Determine what salary range is appropriate for you and your needs. Whether you are just starting in your career or have a family to support, it’s crucial to ensure you can make ends meet.
- The 2020 economic climate is a treacherous one. Understanding how the economy will affect your field of work presently and in the future is of great importance.
Master Your Interview
If the idea of sitting in an office across a potential future employer during an interview makes your stomach turn, you’re not alone. The idea of interviewing for jobs is nerve-wracking, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. With preparation, you can make a lasting positive impression on any employer. The more you practice, the more confidence and self-esteem you will gain, and the easier it will be to persuade employers that you are the right person for the job.
Personality psychology studies have shown that candidates who have a lasting impression on employers exemplify the following personality traits: openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, and agreeableness. While personality traits are shaped by early life experiences, they can still be learned and improved upon over time. Below we list the traits you should think about to help guide your interview training.
- Openness: In the context of a job interview, you must show openness to experience new things, have the creativity to be an asset to the company, and demonstrate you are not narrow-minded and will be able to bring imaginative ideas to projects.
- Conscientiousness: First impressions matter, so to convince the hiring manager that you are a good option for their company you must give the impression that you are conscientious. This demonstrates that your morals are aligned with the company’s and that you can confidently tackle ethical dilemmas.
- Extraversion: How extroverted you are is often a big indicator for the interviewer on how well you will fit into the dynamics of the job. The right amount of extraversion will leave a pleasant feeling with the interviewer. Being confident, calm, and open about past experiences is the key to creating a lasting impression.
- Agreeableness: Being friendly, as well as professional, is easily achievable with this trait under your belt. Friendliness can relax whatever tension there may be during the interview process, but always remember to maintain a professional tone and mannerism.
Want to take the first steps towards landing your dream job? We’re ready to help you succeed in your field.
Master Your Interview With Imagine Better Solutions
To master the interview, you must know what kind of job you are looking for. Understanding the job market can help you get a better perspective of whether a job offer benefits you and your qualifications. To find success in landing the position you want, you must have the persona of an individual who already got the job.
At Imagine Better Solutions, we can equip you with the right tools to aid your job search and get you interview-ready. We can strategize your career plan so you can flourish and reach your full professional potential. We can help craft your professional resume and portfolio, and aid you with your screening and networking. Let us help you create a proactive job search strategy that will further your career!